Decision Day

Decision Day 


    Editing softwares are frequently used these days to create high quality magazines and newspapers. The amount of detail that goes into them in based on what program you use. The programs InDesign and Premier Pro are very useful programs that have a lot to offer. There are a lot of different features that allows you to do hundreds of different things within the program. The tutorial from the class and the video I watched showed just a little bit of what the program can do. The capabilities within these programs are very interesting and have a lot to offer.

    Firstly, The Premier Pro program is a very advanced editing program where you can take certain clips from your phone or computer and edit them into some creative and quality projects. This program allows you to edit these clips using many different features like effect controls and audio clip mixer.  This means you can take different sounds and change them and make them sound better. I would go into more detail but there are too many features to talk about. When I first started looking at InDesign and PremierPro was a little overwhelmed because the editing software is so advanced that I didn't know how to do anything. Both the programs have a lot to offer and that is important in making a good project. These two programs allow you create things that can turn from nothing to a solid and unique film or document. Adobe InDesign is a mostly document based writing/editing program. Indesign allows you to do many different things like create magazines or newspapers. I think that these are the two best examples because the amount of things that you can do with the program is very advanced. You can stretch the document, change the color theme, and switch the gradient and cut the pages accordingly. These two programs can allow you to make many cool pieces of art and cool projects for film and other things. 

    Secondly, the programs are not really restricting at all. These editing programs have so much to offer that it would be hard not to create something cool. In the article Our Place in the Universe it states "One of my favorites is using LEGO bricks to construct narrative scenes and then importing photographs of the creations into a program such as Microsoft Publisher to create a graphic novel or into iMovie to be combined with narrations over the scenes". This is showing that you can make something out of nothing which is why having a good clip and these programs can leading to amazing things. I also like this quote from the same article because it is inspiring to me. "Our students all have stories to tell; we just need to give them a platform and an audience". I like this because with the help of editing software in the twentieth century the possibilities are endless. I just like to think about what things I could make with the help of these softwares. you could make movies even. I also like this last quotes from Survival of the Fittest, the quote is "A number of literary magazines have made the transition from print to Internet-based formats in the past few years, and the idea is gradually becoming the norm". I just like this because she is clarifying that everything is becoming to go online and that means that these programs will become utilized more and more leading to more creative ideas and possibly more updates for more new features to allow for further editing. My portfolio project will be the magazine because I feel like that would be fun to make and would allow me to learn more about the programs. The programs we are using leave many new possibilities for many people and projects. 

    In conclusion, the programs Indesign and PremierPro allowing for some very advanced and cool editing on the documents and film clips ore movies. These two programs will allow for some unique pieces in the future for students and other people. I cannot wait to learn more about both of them and create a cool project for myself as well. 

Franklin, J. (2011). Survival of the fittest: four editors on the future of literary magazines. Poets & Writers Magazine, 39(6), 73+. https://link.gale.com/apps/doc/A272245771/AONE?u=fl_sarhs&sid=AONE&xid=80456594

Cherry, W. R. (2017). Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom. Knowledge Quest, 46(2), 50+. https://link.gale.com/apps/doc/A515795497/AONE?u=fl_sarhs&sid=AONE&xid=675799c5


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Production 3- Working on the Feature Article