Creativity & Genre

 

    Creativity is something that is needed when creating a project of your own. It is a necessity because it gives your project uniqueness and makes it one of a kind. When looking into something new to you as a person, having creativity in the mindset is important because going in with positivity is better than not having any at all. It will lead to a better outcome for you. 

    A portfolio project is something that i will create as a student and will be my work. It is fully original and will be all created by me. I think that my project is going to be very unique because i want it to show who i am and thats why I'm picking a topic i feel very close too. I am choosing a sport type magazine as my portfolio project and i am going to create it in my own style and make it the way i believe is a great magazine.  I feel that going into this new ideas with creativity work as well, like the ones i was learning about in the TED talk. The man speaking discussed many different outlooks on creativity and how it can change something. He referenced Walt Disney and how changing the perspective on something can change the way people look at it and i believe that this is true. Also the introductions activity we did were we had to describe ourselves and I'm not going to lie, i am nervous for this. I'm hoping that my creative skills can lead me to a good outcome. When i was describing myself i was saying that i am a very outgoing person and I'm someone who is always open to new ideas and i think that this is a great opportunity for me to show that. As stated in the Gale article "An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life". It stated that "Creative self-efficacy typically refers to our confidence to perform creatively on a particular task (or set of broader activities) in a particular situation and is influenced by a host of other factors, including our physiological and psychological state, the social situation, and the task at hand". This to me says that when you put your mind to something and try to execute that you will be successful unless, you go in with a negative attitude. 

    After all, i hope that my portfolio project is something that is amazing. When i was doing research on magazine creators like ESPN and Sports Illustrated , i was looking at individual sport magazines trying to see what they were like and i realized that the magazine companies do the same thing. They will take a cover athlete, Patrick Mahomes for example, then they will base the entire front color on that player's vibe and make it seem the fittest to them. I was looking at the front cover and it was a picture of Mahomes with a red background and bold lettering in all white with these loud letters that really made you feel it. This is what i want my magazine cover to look like. I want to grab the readers attention and make them think, "Wow, this is really cool". To me that would be the magazine that showed my creativity. I would also want to create a custom design on the inside and write about all of the things that i believe are important when making a sports magazine. This work is shown to others and you can tell that it is something incredible just by looking at it. I want that to be my magazine and i will work until i believe it is a piece of my true work as a student. 





Shaughnessy, M. F. (2020). An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life. North American Journal of Psychology, 22(3), 355. https://link.gale.com/apps/doc/A637227326/AONE?u=fl_sarhs&sid=AONE&xid=e99fcbd1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Production 3- Working on the Feature Article